“There’s a warrant out for my arrest! What do I do?”
Just because there’s a warrant for your arrest doesn’t necessarily mean that you will have to go to jail. Many options could be available to you:
- Own Recognizance Release – You could be released on your promise to appear in court at a future date. We can help you prepare a motion to recall your warrant and request an Own Recognizance release.
- No Warrant – Sometimes, a person believing they have a pending warrant for their arrest are mistaken. We can verify with law enforcement whether or not you have a warrant.
- Post Cash Bail – You can post cash bail to secure your freedom while your case is pending.
- Post Bail Bond – If you don’t have enough cash to post, a bail bond company can post a bond to secure your freedom while your case is pending. We can help you find an appropriate bail bond company with low rates and financing.
- Motion to Dismiss – If the warrant is old and the charges are not too serious, a motion to dismiss for delay in prosecution. We can help you prepare the paperwork to request the dismissal.
- Bail Reduction– If your bail is too high, we can help you prepare a motion to recall your warrant and reduce your bail.
- Attorney Appearance – In many cases, an attorney can appear in court for a defendant without the defendant even having to be present. This is commonly referred to as a 977 appearance. We can introduce you to attorneys who can help.
Call or text to discuss how we can help you. 661Warrant (661-927-7268)
Our office is located at 1412 17th Street, Ste. 350 West Wing, Bakersfield, CA 93301