Image description

“There’s a warrant out for my arrest!  What do I do?”

Just because there’s a warrant for your arrest doesn’t necessarily mean that you will have to go to jail.  Many options could be available to you:
  • Own Recognizance Release – You could be released on your promise to appear in court at a future date.  We can help you prepare a motion to recall your warrant and request an Own Recognizance release.
  • No Warrant – Sometimes, a person believing they have a pending warrant for their arrest are mistaken.  We can verify with law enforcement whether or not you have a warrant.
  • Post Cash Bail – You can post cash bail to secure your freedom while your case is pending.
  • Post Bail Bond – If you don’t have enough cash to post, a bail bond company can post a bond to secure your freedom while your case is pending.  We can help you find an appropriate bail bond company with low rates and financing.
  • Motion to Dismiss – If the warrant is old an the charges are not too serious, a motion to dismiss for delay in prosecution.  We can help you prepare the paperwork to request the dismissal.
  • Bail Reduction– If your bail is too high, we can help you prepare a motion to recall your warrant and reduce your bail.
  • Attorney Appearance – In many cases, an attorney can appear in court for a defendant without the defendant even having to be present.  This is commonly referred to as a 977 appearance. We can introduce you to attorneys who can help.

Call or text to discuss how we can help you.  661Warrant (661-927-7268)

Our office is located at 1412 17th Street, Ste. 350 West Wing, Bakersfield, CA 93301 – Law Office of Attorney Douglas Moffat and Associates.

Because of Covid19, we work from home as much as possible, so meetings at the office are by appointment only, and we also meet clients at 1234 L Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301.

Our mailing address is PO Box 81, Bakersfield, CA 93302